Before it was Drexel Town Square, the site was a manufacturing and technology development center, built in 1957 by Delco Electronics, Oak Creek’s largest employer. Through the years and a number of corporate changes, it became AC Spark Plug, the AC Electronics Division of General Motors and, finally, Delphi Electronics & Safety, before the plant was closed in 2008. Part of the plant was demolished to make room for the Woodman’s grocery store in 2007. The rest was demolished and has been vacant for three years.
The property was acquired in August of 2011 by WISPARK LLC, the real estate development subsidiary of Wisconsin Energy Corporation. WISPARK is a leader in the development of innovative business settings. Drexel Town Square is a jewel on the Oak Creek landscape.